If you are considering putting your house on the market in the near future, you are most likely trying to do all you can to increase the value of your home. In order to do so, you’ll have to make smart updates so that you will recoup your money in the sale. Current homebuyers are looking for modern updates, particularly in kitchens and bathrooms. While kitchen updates can add value to your home, you don’t want to overdo it and put too much money into your kitchen right before selling. This is where the experts at Virginia Restoration Services can step in to help make smart and easy updates for your kitchen and bathroom.
Consider these quick updates to add value to your kitchen:
- Refinish your countertops – Instead of completely removing your existing countertops and installing new ones, our skilled technicians take your existing countertops and restore them to their original look, or to the finish of your choice. Our process usually takes less than a day, and is less time-consuming and invasive than countertop replacement.
- Add backsplash – Adding backsplash is relatively inexpensive and can really tie your color palette together and bring a “wow” factor to your kitchen.
- Update hardware – Replacing all of your cabinet and drawer pulls is like a facelift for your cabinets. Oil-rubbed bronze and brushed nickel are still the top choice for home buyers, and are also the most affordable.
Buyers also love an updated bathroom. Consider these options to get top dollar:
- Refinish your bathtub – If your bathtub is still in good shape but just needs a facelift, you can avoid ripping out old fixtures by taking advantage of bathtub refinishing. The tub refinishing process uses your existing bathtub and resurfaces it to make it look like new.
- Update your mirror – In most model homes, the bathroom mirrors are rectangular and framed with wood to match the vanity. If your mirror is showing signs of wear or is outdated, upgrading to a new one is a quick fix.
Virginia Restoration Services
The professional team at Virginia Restoration Services can help you come up with a plan to update your kitchen and bathroom that is modern and fits with what most buyers are looking for. We assist our clients in the Richmond, Virginia area at many different price points, and we offer numerous remodeling or refinishing options. Contact us today at (804) 569-2197, to set up an appointment or request a free consultation.